Development trend and application prospect of ESL
At present, internationally, according to statistics, more than 25 million supermarkets have applied electronic shelf labels. In Europe, America, Australia, Turkey in the Middle East, Asia, Japan and South Korea, the market penetration rate has reached about 10%, and in France, which is relatively mature, the penetration rate has reached more than 30%.
It has been 5-6 years since ESL first appeared in China. In recent years, enterprises have made many attempts in this field. However, in China, the use of ESL has not reached the international level. Some retail stores have tried to use it, most of them are still in a wait-and-see attitude, and their return on investment is still being investigated. What is the development status and Prospect of ESL in China?
The person in charge of a large supermarket chain said that we started using the ESL price tag more than a month ago, which is really very convenient for us. Especially when there is a discount promotion, we just need to input the price that needs to be changed in the computer background. At the same time, the overall layout of our selection store is also more beautiful. Before that, we always felt that we were short of manpower. We had to tally goods, pay cash and change prices. With the ESL price tag, this situation has been greatly improved, saving us a lot of time to change the price. It does help us save a lot of manpower and material resources. We often engage in some promotional activities and use the ESL price tag. The price change is very convenient, the implementation of promotional activities is faster and the overall effect is better. We think it's worth spending this cost on the ESL price tag.
The person in charge of a model vegetable market in Shanghai said that we are a demonstration vegetable market in Shanghai. The use of sertag electronic price tag meets our initial expectations. Using the electronic price tag, we have clearly marked the price, and the demonstration role in the vegetable market is obvious. At the same time, we can also show the QR code, source and other information of each dish, so that consumers can buy more at ease, and consumers' response is also good. We will open another green and digital demonstration restaurant in October, and we will continue to use electronic price tags.
Generally speaking, ESL price tags are mainly used for price management and rapid price change in China. The overall response of using ESL electronic price tag is good. In price management, after using the ESL price tag, the benefits mainly lie in the following aspects:
(1) Save a lot of labor costs. For a simple example, in the evening, the fresh food area carries out promotion. Suppose 300 SKUs need to change their price tags. If they are changed manually, each SKU needs 1 minute (which is a fast speed), 300 minutes and 5 working hours. If they are required to be completed within half an hour, 10 employees need to change their price tags at the same time, Not counting the time cost of communication such as work assignment. Using ESL electronic price tag requires only one employee to operate in the background, which can also be completed in half an hour. This labor cost saving is very intuitive.
(2) Save a lot of paper price tags. A supermarket is assumed to have 25000 kinds of SKUs. Suppose that each SKU changes its price tag 12 times a year, and 300000 labels are required a year. The service life of an electronic price tag is 3-5 years, which can save 900000-1.5 million paper labels.
(3) Improve price accuracy. A relevant person from a supermarket in Beijing said that in fact, for supermarkets, the most important thing of electronic labels is to reduce the errors of price information. Generally speaking, the error rate of paper labels is between 1 / 10000 and 5 / 10000, and there will be label loss, which not only makes supermarkets punished repeatedly, but also affects the reputation and image of enterprises due to "price fraud" and "lack of integrity".
(4) Strengthen the validity management of fresh commodities. After using the electronic price tag, the price changes very quickly, so you can make good use of the price lever to sell fresh products. Especially in the evening, the discount promotion in the fresh area can greatly boost sales and reduce losses.
(5) Realize the unified management of online and offline prices. Now they are all omni-channel sales. They are consistent online and online. Using electronic price tags, that is, online and offline prices can be changed completely synchronously, which is a powerful tool for retail stores to carry out many activities.
At present, the function of ESL electronic price tag is not fully used in China. The rapid price change used now is only the tip of the iceberg. As one of the terminals of the store's Internet of things, ESL price tag can realize many functions, such as electronic account, inventory management, location service, message push, etc. In the era of big data marketing, the development potential of terminals such as ESL for data transmission and collection is unlimited.
Generally speaking, the development trend of ESL in China is good. Firstly, it is a technical means to liberate the labor force. With the rise of labor cost, it is a development trend to replace labor with technology; Secondly, to catch up with the era of new retail, new retail needs omni-channel and big data, and ESL is just a data carrier, which can convey data and collect data; Finally, in the world, the development momentum of ESL is very strong, the technology is also developing, and the functions of ESL will be more perfect.
Finally, Sertag, as the world's leading provider of business intelligence solutions, will also continue to research, develop and innovate to help retailers use ESL electronic price tags more conveniently and efficiently and give full play to its infinite power!