Why use electronic shelf labels? What are its advantages?
Electronic shelf labels, as the name suggests, are electronic labels used to mark prices on commodity shelves. Electronic shelf labels are generally used for the display of commodity price information in department stores, supermarkets, 3C stores, convenience stores, etc., and can replace traditional paper price labels.
For a large and medium-sized supermarket, the products displayed on the shelves are dazzling, and the SUK ranges from thousands to tens of thousands. Every holiday, morning and evening market promotion, a large number of commodity price changes will inevitably be given to the supermarket if they are solely adjusted by hand. Of staff bring high-intensity labor. Informatized electronic shelf labels can change this situation. However, the high unit price of electronic shelf labels and the high cost of one-time investment make many businesses overwhelmed.
Although the initial investment cost of electronic shelf labels is high, its many advantages are sufficient to make up for this shortcoming.
Advantages of electronic shelf labels:
1. Remote one-click price change in the cloud, price adjustment is fast, accurate, flexible and efficient, effectively reducing manpower, material resources, management costs and other variable costs;
2. The electronic shelf label can be checked for data, to prevent wrong or missing prices, and to improve the image of the storefront and social credibility;
3. The electronic shelf label display price can be modified synchronously with the back-end database to maintain consistency with the cash register and price query terminal, reduce disputes with customers due to inconsistent prices, and improve customer satisfaction;
4. The electronic shelf label display screen can be placed with two-dimensional codes and barcodes, which can realize online and offline interaction with customers and give customers a better shopping experience;
5. The electronic shelf label adopts a rewritable electronic paper screen, does not waste paper, uses a button battery to supply power, and refreshes every 5 times a day. The battery can be used for more than 5 years, which is more environmentally friendly.
6. The intelligent price change method of the electronic shelf label cloud facilitates unified management of the headquarters, effective monitoring, and reduces management loopholes.
Sertag Series Electronic Price Tag
The information-based electronic shelf label manages the price display system and the cash register system through the computer to ensure that the commodity price and the checkout price match, avoiding the omissions caused by traditional manual price changes, and reducing the chance of misleading price labels, which not only improves The efficiency of supermarkets also guarantees the rights and interests of consumers to the greatest extent.
A related person in charge of a supermarket in a city said in an interview that "the application of electronic price tags, in addition to reducing expenses and improving work efficiency, can also avoid unnecessary losses to consumers caused by human errors." The staff at the supermarket's help desk also stated that "after the electronic price tag was put into use, it reduced the tedious workload brought by promotional price adjustments." The fast price update speed of MTag electronic price tags makes it easier for supermarkets to implement price strategies, reduce labor costs, and gain a leading edge in competition. Therefore, the high initial investment cost can not prevent the popularization of electronic shelf labels. Currently, electronic shelf labels are used in retail stores such as Hema Xiansheng, Yonghui Super Species, Carrefour, Watsons, Mingchuangyoupin, Convenience Bee, and Convenience Store.
In addition, in the long run, the cost of using electronic shelf labels is lower. Paper price tags need to be replaced frequently, and manually replacing a price tag for at least two minutes is inefficient and affects the timeliness of promotional activities. Therefore, the seemingly low-input paper price tags require a lot of labor and cost over time. With the gradual rise, the hidden costs are huge, and the domestic labor cost will be higher and higher in the future. The short-term investment of electronic shelf labels seems to be huge, but it is a one-time investment. The convenient operation minimizes the labor cost and basically does not need to be invested in the later period. In the long run, the overall cost is low.